The popular video service YouTube allows you to embed videos in your blog posts and pages. You can upload your videos to YouTube through your Typepad account or embed public videos already uploaded to YouTube.
Go to the Compose page and click the YouTube button in the Rich Text editor to get started!
Upload Videos to YouTube
1. Click the Upload Video to YouTube to switch to upload mode.
2. If you are not already signed in to a YouTube account, you will be prompted to sign in to Google. You also be asked to choose which YouTube account to use if you have multiple YouTube accounts associated with your Google account.
3. Click the Browse or Choose File button to locate the video file on your device and open the file. YouTube supports the following video formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP, WebM
If you are not uploading a supported video file type, you will receive an error. YouTube has troubleshooting video formats in this article.
4. Click the Upload Video. Please note it can take several minutes for the video to finish uploading. A progress bar will reach 100% and the video thumbnail appear when the video upload is complete.
5. Enter a Title and Description which will display at YouTube.
6. Click Insert and Close to embed the video in your post or page after the upload is complete.
Embed Videos from YouTube
You have the option to search for videos already uploaded to YouTube or to enter the YouTube video URL.
To search for your YouTube videos, click My Videos, select the video to embed, enter a title, and click Insert and Close.
To search for any public YouTube video to embed, enter the search terms, select the video to embed, edit the title (optional), and click Insert and Close.
Please keep in mind only Public YouTube videos which allow for embedding can be inserted into your blog. If you are unable to embed the video, check the Share settings on the YouTube video page.
Updated 29 September 2017