The Theme Builder makes it easy to create a unique, professional design for your blog through a graphical interface without the need to code HTML or CSS.
The Theme Builder is available with the Plus, Unlimited, and higher plans. You can upgrade to take advantage of this feature anytime. Learn more.
To get started creating a custom theme, go to the Design tab, click Choose a theme, select the Customize option Theme Builder, and click Choose.
Now, you can get started editing the following elements of your design by clicking on the section header:
- Banner: Upload a custom banner image or set the style of blog title.
- General: Choose a background color, set column widths, and add borders.
- Links: Select the color and style for links that appear on the blog.
- Posts: Select the font style, color, alignment, and more for the Date, Title, Body, and Footer.
- Sidebar Modules: Select the font style, color, alignment, and more for the sidebar module headers and content. Add a border to sidebar images.
- Sidebar Links: Select the color and style for links that appear in the sidebar.
To change the color of a design element, click on to open the color picker or enter a color code.
After selecting the design options for the custom theme, click Preview to view the design applied to your blog. If applicable, check the Apply this design box. Then, click Save Changes to update your published blog with the new design. If you don't like the changes, click Cancel to revert back to the last saved design.
Text or Image
Select Text to display the Blog Name and Description at the top of the blog. You can change the Name and Description at Settings > Basics. Learn more.
After selecting the Text option, choose the text color, alignment, style, font, and size for the banner.
Select Image to replace the Blog Name and Description with a custom banner image. The banner image width is determined by the column widths. Learn more.
After selecting the Image option, click the Browse or Choose File button, locate the banner image on your computer, and click Open.
Background and Border
Select a background color and border style for the banner. The settings apply with both the Text and Image banner options.
Select the background color and border for the container of the blog. The background color appears to the left and right of the columns. If a Fluid width is selected, the color will not display as the columns will fill the entire window.
Main Content Column
The Main Content Column is the column where the post or page content displays on the blog. The column width can be 300px to 1000px or Fluid. A Fluid width will expand and contract depending on the viewers browser window or device.
The background color and border can also be selected for the Main Content Column.
Select background color, width, and border for each sidebar column. The number of sidebar columns is determined by the applied Layout.
Select the color and style of links included in posts. The link styles should contrast from the post content to easily be identified as links.
Types of links:
- The Normal link style is applied to links which are yet to be visited.
- The Visited link style is applied to links which have already been viewed. By selecting a different color for a visited link, readers of your blog will see the different color as an indication they have previously viewed the linked website.
- The Hover link style is what is seen when you hover your mouse over a link.
- The Active link style is what is seen when you click on a link.
Select the font style, size, and color, alignment, and border settings for the following elements for Posts and Pages:
The Post Title displays above each post. This setting also applies to the Page Title. At Design > Content, the Post Title can be selected to display with or without the Author Photo. Learn more.
The Post Body is the main content of posts and pages.
The Post Footer displays below each post. This setting also applies to the Page Footer. At Design > Content, the content included in the Post and Page Footer can be selected. Learn more.
You can change the Date Header, Post Title, and Post Footer settings at Design > Content. Learn more.
Select the style and justification of TypeLists and modules included in the sidebar in the areas:
- Sidebar Title
- Sidebar Items
- Sidebar Images
Select border and alignment settings for images displayed in the sidebar.
- Sidebar Links
Unlimited, Premium, and Business Class plans have access to the Custom CSS feature, which will allow you to make even more customizations to the design via CSS. Learn more.