FeedBlitz Email Subscriptions Set Up
FeedBlitz is a third-party feed optimization service Typepad has partnered with to provide you with additional features for your feed. With FeedBlitz, you'll be able to optimize your feed for podcasting, track subscribers, and offer email subscriptions.
If you haven't signed up for FeedBlitz and connected your blog, see the article on connecting to FeedBlitz.
After connecting your blog to FeedBlitz, you can set up email subscriptions.
- 1. Sign in to your FeedBlitz account: http://www.feedblitz.com/
- 2. Under the My Sites in the left column, click on the name of the blog to go to the dashboard.The email subscriptions should already be selected even if the feature has not been customized yet.
- 3. Click on the icon.
- 4. Click on the Form Code button.
- 5. Configure the email subscription options.
- 6. Copy the HTML code for the form or chicklet you wish to add to your blog.
- 7. In Typepad, go to Design > Content, select the Embed Your Own HTML module, and click the Add This Module button. If the Embed Your Own HTML module is not available for your selected design, see the article on adding custom sidebar content for alternative options.
- 8. Paste the code provided by FeedBlitz into the pop-up box and click OK.
- 9. Rearrange the module in the sidebar of your blog.
- 10. Click Save Changes to update your blog.
FeedBlitz gives you a 30 day free trial to try out the Premium service to see if it fits your needs. After the free trial, the monthly fee is based on the number of email subscribers. Typepad bloggers receive a 50% discount. You can take advantage of the RSS enhancement services for free.
To track subscribers, sign in to your FeedBlitz account, open the My Sites menu, click on the site name, and click on the Email icon. Then, click Recent Subscribers link to view the email addresses for all subscribers.
You can also manually add email address and import subscribers from other services. If you are transferring from FeedBurner, specific information on migrating subscribers from FeedBurner to FeedBlitz can be found in the FeedBlitz Knowledge Base.